2020.05.31伊丽莎白-安永武是一名退休护士、运动家和西伦敦

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-2-12 04:37:31 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 31 May 2020Available for over a year
Elizabeth Anionwu is a retired nurse, campaigner and Emeritus Professor of Nursing at the University of West London. A fellow of the Royal College of Nursing, she spent 40 years in the profession and has been named one of the most influential nurses in the history of the NHS. Her career was distinguished by her pioneering work in the understanding of sickle cell disease - bringing better treatment and support to the thousands living with it. She was the first sickle cell and thalassaemia nurse counsellor in the UK.

Her decades of dedication, care and service are a contrast to her own disrupted childhood as a mixed race child born out of wedlock in the 1940s, though it was the kindness of a nurse when she was just five that sparked a nascent interest in what would become her life’s work. After leaving school at 16, with seven O-levels, Elizabeth was made a Professor of Nursing in 1998.

She left her day job behind in 2007, but as she puts it “it has not turned out to be a quiet retirement”. She spent nine years fundraising and campaigning for a statue to British-Jamaican nurse Mary Seacole. Unveiled in 2016 in the grounds of St Thomas’ Hospital, London, the statue is the first in the UK to represent a named black woman. Elizabeth received the DBE in 2017 for services to nursing and the Mary Seacole Statue Appeal.

DISC ONE: Faith’s Song by Amy Wadge
DISC TWO: The Rakes of Mallow, Girl I Left Behind by The Gallowglass Ceili Band
DISC THREE: Manman by Leyla McCalla
DISC FOUR: A Te,O Cara by Andrea Bocelli
DISC FIVE: Missa Bilban by The Jamaican Folk Singers
DISC SIX: I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free by Nina Simone
DISC SEVEN: Nnekata by Flavour N'abania
DISC EIGHT: My Girl by Otis Redding

BOOK CHOICE: Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama
LUXURY ITEM: A trampoline
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free by Nina Simone

发行日期:2020年5月31日
伊丽莎白-安永武是一名退休护士、运动家和西伦敦大学护理学名誉教授。作为皇家护理学院的院士,她在这个行业工作了40年,并被评为国家卫生系统历史上最具影响力的护士之一。她的职业生涯因其在了解镰状细胞疾病方面的开创性工作而与众不同--为成千上万的患者带来了更好的治疗和支持。她是英国第一位镰状细胞和地中海贫血症的护士顾问。

她几十年来的奉献、关怀和服务与她自己在1940年代作为非婚生子女的混乱童年形成了鲜明的对比,尽管在她年仅5岁时,一位护士的善意激发了她对后来成为她一生工作的兴趣。伊丽莎白16岁离开学校,取得了7个O水准,1998年成为护理学教授。

2007年,她离开了她的日常工作,但正如她所说的,"这并不是一个安静的退休生活"。她花了九年时间为英国-牙买加护士玛丽-西科勒的雕像进行筹款和宣传。该雕像于2016年在伦敦圣托马斯医院的院子里揭幕,是英国第一座代表黑人妇女的雕像。伊丽莎白于2017年因对护理工作和玛丽-西科尔雕像呼吁的服务而获得DBE。

DISC ONE: 信仰之歌》,作者:艾米-瓦德格
DISC TWO: 马洛的耙子,我留下的女孩》(The Rakes of Mallow,Gallowglass Ceili Band)。
DISC THREE: Manman by Leyla McCalla
DISC 4: A Te,O Cara by Andrea Bocelli
DISC Five: Missa Bilban by The Jamaican Folk Singers
DISC六:《我希望我知道自由的感觉》,Nina Simone演唱
DISC第七张:Nnekata by Flavour N'abania
DISC EIGHT:奥蒂斯-雷丁的《我的女孩》。

书籍选择:巴拉克-奥巴马的《我父亲的梦想》。
奢侈物品:一个蹦床
CASTAWAY的最爱:我希望我知道自由的感觉,Nina Simone。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 20:21 , Processed in 1.964260 second(s), 19 queries .