2014.03.09 前国防参谋长、理查兹勋爵

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-4-5 09:48:12 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 09 Mar 2014Available for over a year
Lord Richards of Herstmonceux, former Chief of the Defence Staff, is interviewed by Kirsty Young for Desert Island Discs.

He was a soldier for 42 years, rising through the ranks to the very top becoming the principal military advisor to government. Shrewd, swashbuckling and outspoken, he is now retired from one of the most successful military careers of modern times: so illustrious he's been knighted twice.

The campaigns he led in East Timor, Sierra Leone and Afghanistan are well documented and most recently his counsel against military intervention in both Libya and Syria helped guide the Government through the most complex of international strategic defence decision-making.

He is possibly less well known for his private passions - tennis, skiing, sailing and the action man credentials must surely be further boosted by the fact that he once spent an evening as Joan Collin's bodyguard. He's also partial to a spot of karaoke.

Born in Egypt into a military family he grew up with some understanding of the very particular strain that comes with a life in the forces. Just as well because in 35 years of marriage he and his wife have moved home 29 times.

He says: "I see myself as a moral soldier. I do not associate the military with wars and bloodshed in the narrow sense. I associate the military with doing good, bringing down tyrants, with releasing people's ambitions for their children."

发布日期:2014年03月09日发布时间:一年多以来
前国防参谋长、赫斯特蒙塞克斯的理查兹勋爵(Lord Richards of Herstmonceux)接受了克尔斯蒂-杨(Kirsty Young)在 "荒岛光盘 "的采访。

他当了42年的兵,通过层层晋升,成为政府的主要军事顾问。他精明强干、骁勇善战、直言不讳,现在已从现代最成功的军事生涯之一退休:他是如此辉煌,曾两次被授予骑士称号。

他在东帝汶、塞拉利昂和阿富汗领导的战役是有据可查的,最近他反对军事干预利比亚和叙利亚的建议帮助指导政府完成最复杂的国际战略防御决策。

他的私人爱好可能不太为人所知--网球、滑雪、帆船,而他曾经作为琼-科林的保镖度过了一个晚上,这肯定会进一步提升他的行动派资格。他还喜欢唱卡拉OK。

他出生在埃及的一个军人家庭,长大后对部队生活的特殊压力有一定的了解。同样,在35年的婚姻生活中,他和他的妻子已经搬过29次家。

他说:"我认为自己是一个有道德的军人。我不把军队与狭义的战争和流血联系起来。我把军队与行善、打倒暴君、释放人们对子女的抱负联系在一起。"
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 22:08 , Processed in 3.017136 second(s), 19 queries .