2022.07.17凯特-埃瓦特-比格斯 英国文化委员会的副首席执行官

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-8-6 04:14:23 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 17 Jul 2022Available for over a year
Kate Ewart-Biggs is the deputy chief executive of the British Council, which aims to build connections between the UK and countries worldwide, through education programmes, language learning and cultural activities.

Kate was born into a diplomatic family and her early childhood years were spent in France and Belgium. In 1976, when she was eight years old, her father Christopher Ewart-Biggs was appointed British ambassador to Ireland. Two weeks into his new job, he was killed by an IRA landmine. Kate's mother Jane moved the family back to London and began to campaign for peace and reconciliation in Ireland: she became a life peer in 1981.

After studying anthropology at university, Kate worked on charity projects for street children in Brazil and South Africa before joining the British Council. Her career has taken her all around the world including postings in Uganda, Tanzania and Indonesia.

She lives in London with her daughter.

DISC ONE: I Could Have Danced All Night by My Fair Lady Orchestra, My Fair Lady Chorus, Marni Nixon (soprano), André Previn (conductor), Mona Washbourne (played Mrs. Pearce), My Fair Lady Original Motion Picture Cast and Warner Brothers Studio Orchestra
DISC TWO: Et Si Tu N’existais Pas by Joe Dassin
DISC THREE: Mr Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan
DISC FOUR: I Don’t Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats
DISC FIVE: Lambada by Kaoma
DISC SIX: Namagembe by Madoxx Sematimba
DISC SEVEN: I And Love And You by The Avett Brothers
DISC EIGHT: American Pie by Don McLean

BOOK CHOICE: The Complete Novels of Jane Austen
LUXURY ITEM: An asthma inhaler
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: Mr. Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan

发布日期:2022年7月17日发布时间:一年以上
凯特-埃瓦特-比格斯是英国文化委员会的副首席执行官,该委员会旨在通过教育计划、语言学习和文化活动,在英国和世界各国之间建立联系。

凯特出生在一个外交官家庭,她的幼年是在法国和比利时度过的。1976年,在她8岁的时候,她的父亲克里斯托弗-埃瓦特-比格斯被任命为英国驻爱尔兰大使。在他开始新工作两周后,他被爱尔兰共和军的地雷炸死。凯特的母亲简将全家迁回伦敦,并开始为爱尔兰的和平与和解奔走呼号:她在1981年成为一名终身同伴。

在大学学习人类学之后,凯特在加入英国文化协会之前,曾在巴西和南非为流浪儿童开展慈善项目。她的职业生涯使她走遍了世界各地,包括在乌干达、坦桑尼亚和印度尼西亚的工作。

她和她的女儿住在伦敦。

DISC ONE: 我可以整夜跳舞》由《窈窕淑女》乐团、《窈窕淑女》合唱团、马尼-尼克松(女高音)、安德烈-普列文(指挥)、莫娜-沃什本(扮演皮尔斯夫人)、《窈窕淑女》原版电影演员和华纳兄弟工作室管弦乐团共同演出。
DISC TWO: Et Si Tu N'existais Pas by Joe Dassin
DISC THREE: Mr Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan.
DISC 4: I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats.
DISC 5:Lambada by Kaoma
DISC 6:Namagembe by Madoxx Sematimba
DISC七:I And Love And You by The Avett Brothers
DISC 8:Don McLean的《美国派》。

书籍选择:《简-奥斯汀小说全集》。
奢侈物品:哮喘吸入器
CASTAWAY的最爱:鲍勃-迪伦的《手鼓先生》。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 23:45 , Processed in 2.078269 second(s), 19 queries .